You are here
The Brand Designer operates within the embedded Brand Team at CA, bringing high quality promotional and branding assets to life for our diverse range of Total War games and special projects.A core position in the team with a requirement for flexibility and enthusiasm, your time will be divided between small and large scope tasks tackling everything from blog post graphics to helping determine the attitude of international advertising campaigns.Working with the Brand Managers and external agencies, you’ll help visualise and inform the key branding elements for each game from logo and style guide to trailer endslates and t-shirt designs.Working with the Community Team, you’ll help produce social media assets, custom graphics and design motion graphics.Working with SEGA’s creative services team, you’ll collaborate on packaging and advertising design, providing support and fielding asset requests.And that’s just a sample. As Total War grows to become a wider strategy brand, the high standard of presentation our brand requires will demand a keen eye on quality and a fast response on feedback requests across a huge variety of cross-media projects.Key Responsibilities
- Provide design guidance and input, be the gatekeeper for quality standards and produce stunning and engaging artwork to support the Total War brand.
- Work with external agencies; briefing, critiquing and setting deadlines and milestones.
- Develop standards and consistent creative executions with the brand and community teams.
- Consult with the Brand Managers on brand creative, and produce concept work for key art, special editions, ppt templates and a multitude of other branding elements.
- Maintain a freelancer and agency book, assigning upcoming work, driving benchmarking and efficiencies, evaluating new providers and working with the development team to identify new artist talent that can be shared cross-team.
- Work with our web team on design requirements and elements for our CRM mechanisms, game launcher, ad creative and templates for email shots.
- Improve your own skills through identifying training opportunities, software packages or experiences - and by turn train and offer guidance to other members of the brand team.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Excellent design, typographic and layout skills, and strong portfolio to back you up.
- Experience of working with gaming or popular culture/entertainment brands.
- Digital experience is essential.
- Illustration experience a strong advantage.
- Full knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite desirable, Illustrator and Photoshop essential.
- Proven ability to work with in-house and external agencies.
- Motion graphics experience a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of design trends, methodology and technical terminology in all current forms.
- Willingness to learn new software, processes and production pipelines.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.