You are here
Studio OverviewHardlight is an established SEGA UK games developer focused on ‘Games as a Service’ for Mobile, PC and VR. Founded with the ethos of staying compact, agile and focused - combining talent from a variety of game genres, platforms and backgrounds we are working closely with SEGA publishing on new and existing products and IP.Our open plan office is in the heart of Royal Leamington Spa - a thriving town with a bustling game-development scene. A small, dedicated, developer with drive, passion and creativity – right now we are looking for key people to come and join us on some very ambitious new projects.SEGA has an industry leading benefits package and flexible working environment that make this a relaxed and friendly place to work, and that’s just the tip of the iceberg.Role Overview2D Artist – Live OpsLive Op artist is responsible for creating new content for game events, in-game promotions, website banners, community and social media channels and other marketing material.Our live operations team is responsible for maintaining all games and servicing our dedicated player base and fans with exciting new content in order to help build a larger install base and expand our thriving gaming community.Responsibilities
- Create, Modify and Maintain new artwork content for all game updates across all titles being serviced.
- Work closely with Art Director and other development artists to share resources and material to stay within title style guides.
- Help to maintain game identity and brand by developing consistent assets for use on websites, social media and community channels.
- Work closely with and assist marketing and publishing teams by creating material to assist with user acquisition.
Role RequirementsPersonal attributes
- Pro-Active, Self-driven individual with great self-organisation skills.
- Able to take direction and continually iterate on designs to refine and optimise.
- Strong communication skills, able to deliver clear and concise feedback.
- Previous experience in a related industry (Web, Mobile & Games).
- Experience with Illustrator, Animate (Flash), and Photoshop.
- An understanding of colour, value, and silhouette.
- Strong conceptual and illustration skills.
- Strong Graphic Design skills.
- Passion for games & mobile gaming.
- All applicants must be based in the UK or mainland Europe.
- Games industry console & mobile platforms. (Mobile and Free2Play experience a plus).
- Developed 2D UIs on a variety of mobile and / or web platforms.
- Experience using 3D packages such as Autodesk 3DsMax or Maya.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.