You are here
Company OverviewHardlight Studios are part of SEGA Networks Inc., a division of SEGA Networks Co., Ltd. SEGA Networks Co., Ltd. was established in July 2012 as a division of Tokyo-based SEGA Corporation, focused on publishing games for mobile and tablet devices based on SEGA’s most iconic brands in addition to the development of new intellectual property.Hardlight are best known for their endless runner Sonic Dash franchise whilst also bringing the beloved SEGA Arcade classic Crazy Taxi to the mobile arena. The studio is currently hard at work on an ambitious dark fantasy 4X project, bringing an existing Japanese IP to western audiences.We work from a custom designed and open plan studio in the heart of Royal Leamington Spa – a thriving town with a bustling game-development scene. We’re a small, dedicated bunch with drive, passion and creativity.We have a built a highly experienced team of industry professionals who are passionate about the mobile platform. We also have a leading benefits package to boot along with a collaborative and flexible working environment that people enjoy being a part of.Position OverviewThe Accounts Assistant will provide support to the business operations team in the way of handling daily PO and invoicing tasks along with general accounts duties and liaising with the SEGA Europe Head Office finance department.Key Responsibilities:Accounts Payable/Purchase Ordering
- Purchase Ordering
- Handling supplier invoices on a daily basis, matching to purchase orders.
- Obtaining new supplier information
- Liaising with supplier with regard to any queries.
- Assuring all invoices are paid in timely manner
- Liaising with HQ finance department.
- Ensure all expenses are process and paid in a timely manner
- Analysis and reconciliation of corporate credit cards
- Collecting timesheets from Development team
- Preparing monthly analysis of sheets
- Helping with analysis as required
- Processing month end reporting
- Covering for Operations Assistant as required
- General accounting administration
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience working within a Accounts Department is essential.
- Understand of basic accounting principles
- Strong academic record.
- Good attention to detail.
- Good working knowledge of Excel
- Ability to work well within a team
- Appetite to learn, research and self-teach
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Ability to prioritise tasks based on variety of factors
- Ability to communicate confidently and professionally across all levels of the Studio
- Ability to react quickly, rescheduling and prioritising workload when necessary
- Confident in assessing situations and making decisions independently
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.