You are here
Company Overview As one of the leading interactive entertainment companies, we cultivate diverse, creative development talent with a network of studios across the UK and Canada.Synonymous with quality, our world-class development studios include Sports Interactive, The Creative Assembly and Relic Entertainment.At the heart of SEGA is our European Head Quarters, based in West London, which is home to our publishing function. We support the needs of the development studios and make the creative vision become a reality. Here we host a range of diverse, highly talented individuals from Sales, Marketing, PR to IT, QA and beyond.We have built a highly successful team that is dedicated to driving the continued success and evolution of our Western business. Working the SEGA wayOur leading benefits package is key to our people strategy at SEGA; we look for the best talent and in return we offer only the best benefits. These include life assurance, income protection, Private Healthcare and Dental Insurance schemes and an extremely competitive contributory pension scheme.As well as the best benefits, we offer highly competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme all of which ensure the team stay motivated and focused on the continued success of SEGA.We all have a lot in common at SEGA. We enjoy being part of a lively, self-motivated group of people who thrive on passion and creativity in an exciting and ever-evolving industry. We also like to enrich the lives of our employees. To help everyone relax and enjoy their time at SEGA, we offer everything from in-house massage therapy, office table tennis, a gaming area complete with retro arcade games and consoles to the latest technology, a video games library, daily fresh fruit, ice creams for hot summer days and flexible working hours to ensure everyone gets to have a life outside of the office! There are regular social events, game nights, weekly football tournaments, regular boxing sessions, a running club and much more to ensure our staff enjoy life outside of work.We are proud of the passionate, creative team we have built as well as the unique culture of the company. We hold regular lunch & learn sessions, product launch parties, company updates at the world-famous BAFTA theatre in Central London, an annual summer conference and themed fancy-dress Christmas party!And that’s just the tip of the iceberg.Check out Sega.com<http://Sega.com> to find out why we are a workplace you’ll never want to leave!Position OverviewWe're looking for an in-house (no contractors please) Translator to ensure the localisation quality of SEGA Europe product is maintained to the high standard required.Key Responsibilities
- Translate / Edit / Proofread text files from English into the target language following established rules pertaining to factors, such as word meanings, sentence structure, grammar, punctuation, console specific terminology
- Ensure all language related problems are recognised and reported in an efficient manner. This includes a weekly and daily update (which must contain all relevant details as stated by the supervisor).
- Assist Localisation QA department during busy periods
- Advise, train and liaise with localisation QA testers as and when required
- Adhere to strict schedule and deadlines.
- If required the job holder will be expected to work outside normal office hours, including weekends and bank holidays if necessary
- The job holder will be expected to execute any additional requests or instructions issued by the Localisation Manager and Localisation Project Supervisor that are suitable to your job remit.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Knowledge and experience in the translation environment
- Technical understanding of game elements and gaming devices.
- Competent knowledge of platform holder requirements
- Awareness of the database/s used within SEGA Europe’s localisation department
- Pro-activeness to think ahead and identify tasks that need to be carried out and the motivation to complete these on own initiative
- Ability to plan and carry out work when unsupervised
- Confident and professional in dealing with senior members of the company
- Excellent ability in the use Word, Excel and Outlook
- Good knowledge of translation software, translation memories and terminology management tools.
- Flexibility to react quickly, reschedule and prioritise workload
- Confident in assessing situations and taking decisions solely when unsupervised.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.